The Business recognises its responsibility for the safety and welfare of its personnel.
No person should suffer injury or ill health through any work activity.
The Business is committed to zero safety incidents.
Our Business activities are managed to address hazards and the resultant risks in the workplace to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all. To achieve this we shall:
- Provide a framework for setting measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of work-related injury and illness
- Comply with relevant legislation and other requirements
- Minimise the risk to people and the environment by identifying hazards, assessing risks with a view to consquences and likely hood through the use of the SafetyConnect risk matrix, and implementing control measures
- Ensure competent understanding through instruction and discussion
- Maintain clear delegation of responsibilities and accountabilities
- Involve all stakeholders and employees in the continuous improvement of our systems and procedures
- Hold individuals accountable to safety obligations
We ensure our employees are enabled to perform all duties in a manner that ensures their own health and safety and that of others.
All employees have a responsbility to perform their duties in a manner that ensures their own health and safety and that of others. They are required to observe all safety directives and procedures and discuss with their Supervisor any hazard that they themselves cannot eliminate.
Our safety systems and procedures are designed to comply with the requirements of AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001.
The company believes that being able to work efficiently and safely is a fundamental part of the Company's safety program, thus adherence to the safety principles and procedures is a condition of employment.
This policy shall be made available to interested parties.